Minutes of 1 March 2022
General Meeting called to order at: 6:45 (18:30) by Pres. Dave Loomis
Pledge of Allegiance by: Malcolm Oliver
Invocation by & Moment of silence for POW/MIA by: Lonnie Rose
Roll Call of officers: term expires
David Loomis, Pres P 2022
Ron Wilson, VP P 2022
Tom Grinstad, Secretary / Treasurer P 2022
Ken Richardson, B of D P 2022
Randy Turnbull, B of D P 2022
Sam Houston, B of D P 2022
Gene Goldsmith, B of D P 2022
George Douglas, B of D P 2022
Duane Holliday, B of D A 2022
Guests: Sue Richardson, Dorothy Rood, Diane Caragio Leah Rosetti
New members present: Pete Chorney, Dan Campbell, Donna Treoker
Secretary’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Treasurer’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Membership Update: VVA members – 348, AVVA members – 80
1. Steve Jordan new State AVVA representative reported he met with region 8 to finalize requirements for this AVVA chapter to incorporate. The chapter will need a founding membership of 15, and select officers to be accountable to the membership.
2. Leah R. reported that fundraising for Brigadoon rescue dogs has raised about $13,700.
3. Darlene C noted that the Gold Star Mothers arbor for Greenacres is nearing completion. Ben Brown reported that the arch has been rolled by Reinke and that fabrication begins this week.
4. There was a discussion regarding the Whatcom County Veterans’ Advisory Board and the Allied Veterans of Whatcom County, their respective duties and responsibilities. A suggestion that Liz Harmon come talk to the membership again was recommended.
5. No news to report regarding the NW Annex property.
1. WA State Council of VVA meets 9 April at the Yakima Warriors Building, Toppenish, WA. Legends Casino has rooms available at special rate.
2. Sunday 13 March is National K-9 Veterans Day
3. Tuesday 29 March is Vietnam Veterans Day
4. John Ferdon reported on planning for the Memorial Day Parade to be held on Memorial Day this year.
5. Election by voice vote the slate was approved:
President: Robert Aspiris Election Committee:
Vice President: Ron Wilson Randy Turnbull
Secy / Treas: Tom Grinstad John Forgette
Chaplain: Lonnie Rose Larry Murray
Membership: David Loomis
Board Members State Delegate
David Loomis Larry Montgomery
James Houston Raymond Radke
Raymond Radke Michael Hackett
Larry Montgomery Tom Grinstad
Charles Muggy David Loomis
Randy Turnbull George Douglas
50/50 Raffle Won by: Ruthe Ashe
Good of the Order: Reminder VFW Post 1585 has breakfast 8:00 – 10:00 27 March. $10 / $5 children…
Motion to adjourn: adjourned at 7:30 (19:30)