Minutes of 4 January 2022
General Meeting called to order at: 18:50 by Pres. David Loomis
Pledge of Allegiance by: David Loomis
Invocation by & Moment of silence for POW/MIA by: VP Ron Wilson
Roll Call of officers: term expires
David Loomis, Pres P 2022
Ron Wilson, VP P 2022
Tom Grinstad, Secretary / Treasurer P 2022
Ken Richardson, B of D A 2022
Randy Turnbull, B of D A 2022
Sam Houston, B of D P 2022
Gene Goldsmith, B of D A 2022
George Douglas, B of D A 2022
Duane Holliday, B of D A 2022
Guests: Jesse Barsness who introduced his wife and children, whose names I didn’t get.
New members present: none
Secretary’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Treasurer’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Membership Update: we now have 351 on books, 79 AVVA members
1. President Loomis announced he will not run for re-election. He thanked the membership for the opportunity to serve.
2. Names were floated to fill the various officer positions; nominations will occur next month (February) and elections will be held in the March meeting.
3. Dave Loomis will stay on in a membership position – chief recruiter – at which he is great.
1. The attending members made a donation to assist Jesse Barsness’ family. They were flooded out in the storms of November. Dave moved that the chapter contribute an additional $500 in recovery. Motion was seconded and approved.
2. District President Francisco Ivarra gave a short review of the proceedings at the national convention held in November. The main points were:
The VVA is established as a “last person standing” organization.
ROK veterans are allowed to be VVA members if they are citizens of the USA.
The number of persons needed to organize and establish a new chapter of VVA is reduced from 25 to 15.
John Rowan lost his re-election bid; Jack McManus is the new national president.
McManus established a financial and investigative committee and appointed Francisco to it.
3. The Moving Vietnam Wall is coming to Ocean Shores this coming June. Sam H. moved we donate $1,000.00 to support this cause. Seconded and approved
Good of the Order: Be careful of the pandemic, be smart.
Motion to adjourn: Adjourned at 19:25