Minutes of 4 October 2021
General Meeting called to order at: 19:05
Pledge of Allegiance by: State Council Pres. Francisco Ivarra
Invocation by & Moment of silence for POW/MIA by: Lonnie R
Roll Call of officers: term expires
David Loomis, Pres P 2022
Ron Wilson, VP A 2022
Tom Grinstad, Secretary / Treasurer P 2022
Ken Richardson, B of D A 2022
Randy Turnbull, B of D P 2022
Sam Houston, B of D P 2022
Gene Goldsmith, B of D P 2022
George Douglas, B of D P 2022
Duane Holliday, B of D P 2022
Guests: Joe Kriegl (scholarship recipient) and young son, Betty McMaster – AVVA, Andy Sauers – new VSO,
New members present: Jim Carr, Simon Media, Joyce Maua AVVA, Charles Chasteen, Bobbie Bell, Mike Hockett
Secretary’s report: glossed over no action
Treasurer’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Membership Update: Chapter now has 338 members, AVVA has 72
1. A short synopsis of the regional conference was given by Francisco Ivarra. Rosemarie Loomis was appointed president of the state AVVA. Anyone attending national convention in November must have proof of vaccination, mask up and observe social distancing.
2. State Council meeting will be 23 October at 10:00 at the pancake house on Snoqualmie Pass. All are welcome.
3. VVA remains the most active of the veterans groups. We have managed to get more legislation enacted. (With not the largest membership.) Washington leads the nation in action.
1. Certificates were presented to Betty McMaster, Alex Thompson and Charles Chasteen.
2. Ken C. proposed purchasing tools for Ron W. to use in w/c ramp building. 2nd and approved. Ken will research tools and cost.
3. Doc H moved we send $1000 to Louisiana State Council for Hurricaine Ida relief. 2nd and approved.
4. Ray R. proposed allotting $1000 per national convention attendee – to a maximum of three attendees. 2nd and approved.
5. Doc H. had questions about webmaster and why website is not updated promptly. He noted the car show application for July’s event is still on the site.
6. George Beckley complimented cooks for meal. Suggested that those who want and can tolerate spicy food bring their own condiments.
7. Gene G nominated Betty McMaster and Andy Sauer for life membership. 2nd approved.
50/50 Raffle Won by: someone for over $40
Good of the Order: VFW Post 1585 hosts a breakfast on 31 Oct. 8:00-10:00. 625 N. State, Bellingham. Cost is $10 (children 12 and under $5).
Motion to adjourn: adjourned at 19:55