Minutes of 2 November 2021
General Meeting called to order at: 18:08 by President Dave Loomis
Pledge of Allegiance by: Pres. Loomis
Invocation by & Moment of silence for POW/MIA by: Chaplain Lonnie Rose
Roll Call of officers: term expires
David Loomis, Pres P 2022
Ron Wilson, VP A 2022
Tom Grinstad, Secretary / Treasurer P 2022
Ken Richardson, B of D A 2022
Randy Turnbull, B of D P 2022
Sam Houston, B of D P 2022
Gene Goldsmith, B of D A 2022
George Douglas, B of D P 2022
Duane Holliday, B of D P 2022
New members present: Ron Adams, Bruce Wickler
Secretary’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved Thumb drive video of BTC students available for viewing.
Treasurer’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Membership Update: now at 333 members, 78 AVVA members
1. Dave Loomis gave a short report on the state council meeting held 23 October. State council backs our efforts in repurposing the former Norbell Nursing Home at Smith and Northwest roads.
2. Doc H. pressed for purchase of tables. Ron W. assigned to follow up.
1. Moved, 2nd and passed to provide Michael Hackett $1,000 to attend the national convention this month.
2. On 11 November VFW Post 9301 will host a Veterans Day Ceremony at 11:00. Address 7011 Hannegan Rd., Lynden.
3. 13 Nov. from 3:00 (15:00) to 7:30 pm (19:30) the Choir of the Salish Sea presents a program at the Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship, 1207 Ellsworth St. Bellingham
4. The chapter took possession of an electric wheelchair from Jim McCoy. Available to someone in need. Contact Ron Wilson 360 510 3565.
5. 7 December’s meeting will salute our wives. A great dinner is promised. Be sure to attend.
6. Malcomb briefed us on FEMA Covid policy. He also talked about the NW Annex and the letter of support from state council.
7. Question arose about putting the video thanks from BTC on the website. Tom G will investigate.
50/50 Raffle Won by: Dan Norvell. He donated the proceeds back to the chapter – $55 total.
Good of the Order: VFW Post 1585 holds breakfast from 8:00 to 10:00 at their building 625 N. State St. Bellingham.
Donation bucket proceeds $70
Motion to adjourn: at approx. 18:48 one of our shortest meetings