Minutes of 2 October 2018
General Meeting called to order at: 18:45 by President Dave Loomis
Pledge of Allegiance by: Dave Loomis
Invocation by & Moment of silence for POW/MIA by: Gene Goldsmith
Roll Call of officers: term expires
David Loomis, Pres P 2019
Ron Wilson, VP A 2019
Tom Grinstad, Secretary / Treasurer P 2019
Kirk Lyon, B of D A 2019
Doug Spangler, B of D A 2019
Randy Turnbull, B of D A 2020
Richard Martinez, B of D A 2020
George Douglas, B of D P 2021
Tom Modica, B of D A 2021
Guests: Jeff Gray from Superfeet, Rosie Loomis, Agnes Kenney, Yvonne Goldsmith, Jyl Peterson
New members present: Rob Brock army helicopter pilot, Mike Peterson Huey mechanic & data analyst, Steve DeSoer army infantry & adj. gen. office
Secretary’s report: Posted on line, motion by Gene G, 2nd by Ken R- approved. Reported three letters from scholarship recipients received and placed in notebook. Also received letter from BTC foundation thanking the chapter for its donation.
Treasurer’s report: Distributed motion by Ken R 23nd by Gene G approved, but noted that the funds earmarked for the national convention must be amended.
Membership Update: With the three new members we are getting close to 300 members – another delegate to national.
- Received a letter from Ann Beck (WWU) detailing money for veteran’s use.
- Tom Modica, Randy Turnbull, Dale Boe, Sam Houston & Dave Loomis delivered a new ping pong table we donated to the Coast Guard Station.
- $725.00 donated to Children of Vietnam, Dragoon fund to support (5) kids in school. Richard Brummett gave a short report on the status. The fund has a net gain of 2 kids. It now supports 57 (from a start of 6). The cost averages $146 / year.
- Joel Douglas is investigating obtaining a military vehicle for the Memorial Day parade and possibly the car show.
- The car show will happen 21 July 2019. Mark your calendars, we need a lot of folks to assist in putting it on. This is our major fund-raiser…
- Our annual spousal dinner will be held at the VFW on 4 December 2018. Social hour begins at 17:30 (5:30 pm) The dinner will be covered by donation to defray the cost. A discussion about possibly using Lairmont Manor for the venue was held. Decision to stay at the VFW.
- A wheelchair ramp to the basement of VFW Post 1585 is now operational. Members who are limited in mobility can now join us. Please come and check it out.
- For God Bless Our Veterans bumper stickers, memorial bricks and donations to the Vietnam Memorial contact Gene Goldsmith.
- The state Council meeting will be held 13 Oct. 2018 from 10:00 to 13:00 at the pancake house on Snoqualmie Pass. Dave L, Gene G and Ron W will attend.
- The national convention will be held in Spokane 16-20 July 2019. Our Chapter gets six delegates. Dave L, Ken R, Gene G, Wojo, D. Martinson will attend. Anyone else? We have earmarked funds for our delegates.
- Dinner returned $167.00
Good of the Order:
DAV selling poppies on Veterans Day. Gene needs folks for 4-hour shifts. Please contact him.
VFW Post 9301 Breakfast 20 October 8:00 to 11:00
Legion Post 7 Breakfast 21 October 9:00 to 11:00
VFW Post 1585 Breakfast 28 October 8:00 to 10:00
50/50 raffle netted $32.00 for chapter
$11.00 made from bumper stickers
Motion to adjourn: moved by Ed S, passed by acclamation at 19:25