Minutes of 7 June 2022
Meeting called to order at 18:20 (6:20 pm) by President Bob
Pledge of allegiance by Malcolm Oliver
Lonnie Rose gave the invocation and moment of silence for POW/MIA
Roll Call of officers: term expires
Bob Aspiras, Pres P 2023
Ron Wilson, VP P 2023
Tom Grinstad, Secretary / Treasurer P 2023
David Loomis, B of D P 2023
Randy Turnbull, B of D P 2023
Sam Houston, B of D P 2023
Raymond Radke, B of D A 2023
Larry Montgomery, B of D P 2023
Charles Muggy, B of D P 2023
Guests: Elaine Dickenson
New members present: Kevin Dickenson, Richard (whose last name I didn’t get)
Secretary’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Treasurer’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Membership Update: VVA 355, AVVA 80
1. A memorial for Tom Haddox will be held at American Legion Post #7 on 21 August. More details to come.
2. VP Ron discussed the DAR arch at Greenacres.
3. Doc announced the Car Show Committee meeting 8 June at 3:00 pm same venue
4. Malcolm O gave an update on the effort to gain a veteran’s center here in Whatcom County. After a vigorous discussion it was decided to have Malcolm and the others try to obtain a meeting with county council/executive.
5. Larry M revisited the compensation to President Bob to travel from his home in Seattle for VVA business. A proposed $0.85/mile was seconded and approved.
- State Council President Francisco Ivarra gave a short talk about the VA reevaluation of their systems and care delivery. A new facility in Everett will be next to “cutting edge”. He also reminded us that this November 11th will be the 40th anniversary of the Vietnam Wall. National is planning a celebration, for as was noted very few of us will be around for the 50th. He also said that National President Jack McManus will attend the Welcome Home picnic in Sedro-Woolley on Sat. August 6.
- Treasurer Tom called for funding of the VASH bus passes via the WTA to the tune of $400. Moved seconded and approved.
50/50 raffle netted the chapter $35.
Donations this evening came to $70. Meal expenses $119.55.
Donations at the Memorial Day picnic came to $107.00…
Good of the Order: It’s summer (almost) so nothing much else is happening. Meeting adjourned at 19:35 (7:35 pm).