Minutes of 6 July 2021
General Meeting called to order at: 6:39 pm (18:39) by Pres. Loomis
Pledge of Allegiance by: V.P. Ron Wilson
Invocation by & Moment of silence for POW/MIA by: Lonnie R
Roll Call of officers: term expires
David Loomis, Pres P 2022
Ron Wilson, VP P 2022
Tom Grinstad, Secretary / Treasurer P 2022
Ken Richardson, B of D A 2022
Randy Turnbull, B of D P 2022
Sam Houston, B of D P 2022
Gene Goldsmith, B of D P 2022
George Douglas, B of D A 2022
Duane Holliday, B of D P 2022
New members present: Bob Asparo, Jim Carr, Pete Kremen, Mike Self
Secretary’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved as written
Treasurer’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved as presented
Membership Update: As of today VVA -310 AVVA – 66
1. Pres. Dave thanked those present for the memorial service for his brother-in-law Jose Sonora.
2. 18 June Car show committee meeting assigned people to sub-committees. Still need people to volunteer for jobs on 18 July car show.
- Doc Holliday wnet over much of the planning for the car show. The show begins at 10:00 and lasts til 3:00 pm (15:00). Registration will officially start at 8:00. Pete Kremen will be the announcer. Raffle times will be 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, and 1:30 pm.
- Need set up / take down support. Porta Potties will be delivered on Sat. Dan F. will have locks, furniture and supplies will be secured in toilets for use in the morning. The Victory Lane banner is missing. Who has that sucker?
- Coffee urn(s) will be on site. Coffee awaits being made. Donation cans provided by Randy T and others. Signs will be provided to i.d. said cans. Cash boxes are provided, awnings are ready. Remember mic batteries, garbage/recycling cans, raffle prizes.
- Ray R. described the car raffle ($5 tickets). Good odds of coming away with the prize, a Mercury Cavelier.
- Washington Council President Francisco Ivarra reviewed dates and issues of the national convention to be held 1-7 November in North Carolina. All positions at national will be open for election.
Regions 8&9 will hold their convention 14-16 September at Sparks Nev. Any member is welcome to attend.
The state council is doing well, numbers are increasing, it obtained a grant of $58,000 for losses incurred by Covid. All chapters can share by submitting documentation of loss.
The state VSO program has gotten funding for four new positions, Bellingham, Walla Walla, Clark Co., and Skagit. This is one of the best Veterans’ Service Officer programs in the nation.
Francisco was presented with a certificate of appreciation by V.P. Ron W.
6. Pete Kremen reminded all to write up their announcements in advance, so they sound professional when he reads them.
7. Ben Brown noted that he is nearly done with the plans for the memorial arch at Greenacres.
50/50 Raffle Won by: Mary Boice ($53).
Motion to adjourn: Adjourned at 7:53 p.m. (19:53).