4 February 2020 meeting
Minutes of 4 February 2020
General Meeting called to order at: 18:30 by Pres. Dave Loomis
Pledge of Allegiance by: Dave Loomis
Invocation by & Moment of silence for POW/MIA by: Chaplain Lonnie Rose
Roll Call of officers: term expires
David Loomis, Pres P 2020
Ron Wilson, VP P 2020
Tom Grinstad, Secretary / Treasurer P 2020
Kirk Lyon, B of D A 2020
Doug Spangler, B of D A 2020
Randy Turnbull, B of D A 2020
Richard Martinez, B of D A 2020
George Douglas, B of D A 2021
Tom Modica, B of D A 2021
Guests: No guests this meeting
New members present: No new members this month
Secretary’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Treasurer’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved even tho printed duplicate balance sheets
Membership Update: VVA, AVVA no update this meeting
- Election held, no nominations from the floor, by acclamation officers: President – David Loomis, Vice President – Ron Wilson, Secretary/Treasurer – Tom Grinstad, Chaplain – Lonnie Rose
Board of Directors: Ken Richardson, Mike Boice, Duane Holliday, Randy Turnbull, Gene Goldsmith, George Douglas
- The DAV van needs drivers. Please contact Gene Goldsmith. Also need to have assistant coordinator, talk to Gene.
- Ron Wilson received certificate for his labor and design on the accessible ramp for Stan Dyer in Lynden. He did it all by himself. Way to go Ron!
- VFW Post 1585 hosts a blood drive on 2 March 2020 9:00 to 15:00 (3:00 pm). Contact John Ferdon at 360 3118 7521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org It really is a good cause. It hurts only a tiny bit and you can help as many as three people with your pint.
- Officers and Directors were sworn in by Ray Radke, an honorable member of this chapter.
- Ray also purchased the Lysne donated generator for $500, thanks Ray for all you do.
- Stan & Carrie Dyer donated $1000 to the chapter in appreciation of the ramp. They also joined as AVVA.
50/50 Raffle Won by: Dan Norvelle $33
Good of the Order:
VFW Post 9301 breakfast is served 8:00 – 11:00 Feb. 15th at 7011 Hannegan Road, Lynden
Post 1585 hosts breakfast on Feb 23rd 8:00 – 10:00 at 625 N. State, Bellingham
Meal donations collected $125, expenses 102.37.
Motion to adjourn: Second and approved 18:58 (6:58 pm).
Editors’ note thanx for a quick and efficient meeting everyone, makes my life a little easier.