Minutes of 1 November 2022
General Meeting called to order at: 18:12 (6:12 pm) by Pres. Bob Aspiras
Pledge of Allegiance by: Pres. Aspiras
Invocation by & Moment of silence for POW/MIA by: Lonnie Rose
Roll Call of officers: term expires
Robert Aspiras, Pres P 2023
Ron Wilson, VP P 2023
Tom Grinstad, Secretary / Treasurer P 2023
David Loomis, B of D P 2023
Randy Turnbull, B of D A 2023
Sam Houston, B of D P 2023
Raymond Radke, B of D A 2023
Larry Montgomery, B of D P 2023
Charles Muggy, B of D P 2023
Duane Holliday, B of D P 2023
Guests: Bonnie Parten, Larry Schaffer, Gary Patterson
New members present: Bob Lubin (sp), Bob Parten
Secretary’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Treasurer’s report: Moved, 2nd & approved
Membership Update: VVA – 369; AVVA – 95
1. Board of Directors meeting 31 October, good discussion, decisions to be announced shortly
2. Pres. Bob has some ideas to increase meeting attendance – move time to afternoon; perhaps car pool; run meetings efficiently.
3. NW Annex meeting results forthcoming from Pres. Bob
1. 11 Nov. at 11:00 Boy Scouts holds a memorial ceremony at Bayview Cemetery. All veterans welcome
2. 5 Nov. 11:00 57th Annual Veterans Day Parade in Auburn, WA. Be there or be square.
3. In D.C. on the 11th there is a ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery at 11:00. And at 13:00 (1:00 pm) is a ceremony at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (the Wall). Also in D.C. is a massing of the colors.
4. 5 Dec. is a Car Show meeting time to be announced.
50/50 Raffle Won by: Ruth Ashe $32
Good of the Order: Be safe out there
Motion to adjourn: At 18:53 (6:53 pm)